Realme revealed the Realme X3 SuperZoom in Europe and India, however, the device is yet to make way to China. There still no official confirmation from the company regarding when that will ever happen. However, there is a strong chance that the handset will debut in the company’s domestic market with a different chip ensuring 5G connectivity.
The fact is that the Realme X3 SuperZoom boasts the Snapdragon 855+ chipset and it does not require a 5G modem as the Snapdragon 865. Any company using the latter needs to pair it with Qualcomm’s 5G modem. The Snapdragon 855+, however, doesn’t have this requirement. For that reason, there are a variety of smartphones with this chipset that doesn’t have 5G connectivity. Realme, could keep the Snapdragon 855+ and pair it with a 5G modem, but that would probably hurt the smartphone’s price. Realme might stick with the affordable price tag while adding support for the new network. To ensure this, the company may have to go for a less-power chipset.
According to the Chinese leakster, Digital Chat Station, the company might have to opt between the Snapdragon 765G or MediaTek’s Dimensity 800 to make the Realme X3 SuperZoom 5G compliant in the country. Both are powerful chipsets that can keep the price tag low in the country. However, at the moment, we still need to see if the company will launch the handset in China. If it does, it will be better to launch it with support for 5G in order to take in a ride with the popularity of the new network in the country.
REALME X3 SUPERZOOM SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.6-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 10 with realme UI
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS. 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.3 aperture. 8MP periscope camera with OIS, f/3.4 aperture for 5x optical and 60x hybrid zoom. In addition to a 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 960 fps super slo-mo
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.5 aperture, 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 120 fps super slo-mo
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 8.9g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging