LG, once popular in the smartphone market, has now decided to excel in the mid-range and the budget price segment. This is evidenced by the leak that appeared today, which revealed the characteristics and appearance of the upcoming LG K31.
The specs and design of the LG K31 budget smartphone has appeared
Information about the device was found in the Google Play Console. In the screenshot, we see the image of the front panel and other details about the smartphone. The smartphone has wide frames and a large waterdrop notch and low specifications.
It seems that the smartphone has a regular IPS screen with a resolution of 720 by 1620 pixels, a MediaTek Helio P22 processor and only 2 GB of RAM. Also, we have an indication that the tenth version of Android is preinstalled.
Unfortunately, no more specifications could be found, but the appearance of the device in the list indicates its imminent launch.
LG Velvet 4G edition will arrive soon with Snapdragon 845 and 6GB RAM
It is worth to mention that recently, LG has presented its new Velvet smartphone last month. The Velvet model stands out from other devices by its simple and good looking design. But the good impression was spoiled by the high price, which Koreans want to fix by releasing a version without a 5G modem.
Recall: the basic version of LG Velvet has a Snapdragon 765 processor on board, which has an integrated 5G modem. However, as not everyone will be able to connect to the new generation of networks, LG decided to launch a 4G LTE edition. To this end, the newer processor was abandoned in favor of a SoC of two years ago.
Yes, LG Velvet will arrive with Snapdragon 845, which is the chipset that was present in the flagships of 2018. It has similar capabilities to the mid-range Snapdragon 765 SoC but has one big advantage. It is noticeably cheaper to buy. In this way, LG can significantly reduce the price of this version of the smartphone.
LG VELVET specifications
- 6.8-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 5MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (Typical) battery with fast charging, 10w wireless charging