Today, a new Redmi smartphone has become official. The Redmi 9 Prime, just presented in India, as we expected, turned out to be a complete copy of the global Redmi 9. Why the new name was invented is decidedly unclear.
There are differences between the models, but they are insignificant. The Redmi 9 Prime has a new color, it even has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of flash in the basic version, and it also lacks NFC. Everything else is identical.
That is, this is a smartphone with a 6.53-inch IPS screen with Full HD+ resolution, MediaTek Helio G80 SoC, 4 GB of RAM, 64 or 128 GB of flash memory, a 5020 mAh battery with support for 18-watt charging (10 -watt memory), a quad camera with sensors with a resolution of 13, 8, 5 and 2 MP, a front camera with a resolution of 8 MP and a triple slot for memory cards and SIM. Dimensions are 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm with a weight of 198 g.
For the smartphone, they ask for 133 dollars.
Redmi 9 Prime specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 400 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118.2° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, linear speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.30 x 77x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Back in the last month, Xiaomi’s Redmi introduced the Redmi 9A and Redmi 9C as two of its most affordable smartphones for 2020. The Redmi 9A, however, was the most affordable variant with modest specifications and aggressive pricing. Recently, the company unveiled the Redmi 9A in China. It’s the second smartphone from the Redmi 9 series to reach the country. The original Redmi 9 retails for 799 Yuan in the country, which is $115. The Redmi 9A becomes the most entry-level Redmi smartphone with a pricing tag of just 599 Yuan, or $85. That’s a really good smartphone for this pricing point, outperforming most of Android Go phones available in the market.