The high-end Dimensity 1000+ chip from MediaTek was presented in May this year. Since then, only two smartphones have been released on the basis of the new processor: iQOO Z1 and Redmi K30 Ultra. Despite the skepticism and negative attitude towards MediaTek products on the part of a fairly large number of users, Xiaomi nevertheless risked installing the Dimensity 1000+ chip in the new Redmi K30 Ultra flagship. And it’s clear why.
Redmi K30 Ultra with the Dimensity 1000+ SoC has a great performance
Enthusiasts have already managed to test the Redmi K30 Ultra through a series of benchmarks, which demonstrated that the MediaTek chip demonstrates more than decent performance. So, according to the results of the race in AnTuTu 8.4.3 processor, Dimensity 1000+ with a score of 539 786 points bypassed the Kirin 990 5G and lost to the Snapdragon 865, which an average of 605,248 points. In Geekbench 5, GFXBench and 3DMark benchmarks, the new MediaTek chip also came in the second position.
If MediaTek continues to release such suitable processors, then the time is not far off, when its flagship chip will be able to become on par with the top Snapdragon platforms, and manufacturers will not be ashamed to release flagships with Dimensity SoCs. According to rumors, the next notable chip of the Taiwanese chipmaker will be Dimensity 2000, which will be produced using a 5 nm process technology by TSMC.
Redmi K30 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200nit (HBM) / 500nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens. 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75 μm
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.4×9.1mm; Weight: 213g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 33W fast charging, QC 4+ / PD
The Redmi K30 Ultra will officially hit the market on August 16th. See the different versions and prices below:
- 6GB + 128GB – 1999 yuan ($289)
- 8GB + 128GB – 2199 yuan ($317)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2499 yuan ($360)
- while 8GB + 512GB – 2699 yuan ($389)…there is currently a discount which takes the price of this device to 2499 yuan ($360)