The news that the new generation iPhones will offer a cut-down package has caused a flurry of criticism against Apple. Most people accused the company of greed. For Apple, removing the headphones and the charging box from the kit will help reduce the cost of the iPhone. At this stage, this is just a rumor and whether the company will really take this step, we will find out in the fall, when the sales of new devices begin.
Then there were rumors that Apple and competitor Samsung would follow suit. Sources said the South Korean giant was only considering removing the earbuds and charging box from the package. But, as it turned out, Samsung decided to bypass the rival in this dubious event and become the legislator of the cut-down bundle.
It became known that buyers of the new flagships Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, living in North America, will not find branded AKG headphones in the box with the smartphone. But, if they asked, the company will send an AKG headset absolutely free of charge; they just need to contact Samsung support with a corresponding request.
In explaining its move to remove the earbuds from the box, Samsung referred to the fact that North American users tend to use wireless Bluetooth earphones, so a wired headset is useless and unnecessary for many of them. True, it remains a mystery whether or not the cost of headphones is included in the price of a smartphone or not.
It is worth to mention that recently, the company has revealed the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones, and here is a reminder of the Ultra model.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor, 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 50X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare