Last year, Microsoft announced its much-awaited Surface Duo Android smartphone. It took the smartphone a solid amount of time to hit the market after the official announcement. Well, the Surface Duo will finally be up for grabs next month on September 10, to be precise. As expected, the dual-screen Android device will carry a whopping $1,399 starting price tag. Although consumers still yet to get the device, the dual-screen phone has appeared on GeekBench listing. Surpirsiginyl, it managed to perform quite well as compared to the competitors.
Microsoft Surface Duo GeekBench listing!
The base variant of the Surface Duo has now surfaced on the GeekBench listing with the weird model number “oema0 oema0 b1”. For those who’re unaware, the base variant of the device features 6GB RAM and 128GB onboard memory. It runs on Snapdragon 855 chipset which we already know. Coming to the benchmark scores, the smartphone managed to score 762 points in single-core performance. For the multi-core benchmark, on the other hand, it scored 2867 points.
Gizchina News of the week
Considering other Snapdragon 855 powered devices, the Surface Duo managed to score better. For instance, the Duo managed to perform better than the Galaxy Fold by 200 points in the multi-core benchmark. In fact, the overall performance of the device was similar to the devices running the improved 855+ chipset. It would be interesting to see how the company managed to improve the performance of its Surface Duo.
With that said, the benchmark listing doesn’t really paint the entire picture. The real-life performance might be different. Well, we need to wait for Microsoft to ship the devices to the consumer to find out the real performance of the device.
Here’s what the all-new Microsoft Surface Duo dual-screen smartphone brings to the table.
- Display: two separate 5.6-inch OLED display, 1800×1350 pixels forming an 8.1-inch overall workspace (2700×1800 pixels)
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 chipset
- Storage and memory: 6GB DRAM, 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Software: Android 10
- Camera: 11-MP f/2.0 camera with HDR, super zoom up to 7x, and more. The same camera doubles up as the front and rear. EIS, 4K & 1080p recording at 30fps and 60fps.
- Battery: 3,577 mAh capacity – Microsoft promising all-day battery life, 18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band WiFi, Type-C port
- Biometrics: side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Other specs: stylus support, Gorilla Glass 5 on both the sides
- Dimensions: Unfolded – 186.9×145.2×4.8mm, Folded -145.2×93.3×9.9mm
- Weight: 250g