Xiaomi has a lot of smartphones out there in the market, under different sub-brands, series and more. The Mi Mix series has gained a lot of popularity in recent times and Xiaomi has been doing a good job keeping the smartphones updated with the latest version of Android and MIUI. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 has now started to receive a new update with MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global stable ROM. The update is tagged with software version number V22.214.171.124.QEEMIXM.
Mi Mix 3 MIUI 126.96.36.199 Changelog
- System animations
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Dark mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- New: A new mode for scanning documents
Mi Mix 3 Specifications
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 uses a 6.39-inch magnetic power-slide full-screen, with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and the screen ratio reaches 93.4%. It has a display resolution of 2340 × 1080 and the magnetic slide can officially take 300,000 slides. It comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC and has a 3200 mAh battery capacity. The smartphone uses a 24MP + 2MP dual front cameras and on the rear, it has a 12MP wide-angle (Sony IMX363) + 12MP telephoto dual rare camera. Its camera supports the four-axis optical image stabilization.
According to the official introduction, through a set of two “NdFeB permanent magnets” of the same pole, the slide cover pulls up and down. Officially called “mechanical structure”, this structure has an official service life of up to 300,000 times. However, there are some tests that have proven that it can take as much as 600,000 slides.
This smartphone also has a 5G version which comes with a larger battery and a better SD855 SoC. According to estimates, it will consume 10% more power. Xiaomi said that users can switch between 4G and 5G and while 5G is not active, the power consumption is the same as the 4G version. With the recent commercialization of 5G in China, the 5G version will soon hit the market.