Xiaomi’s Mi 9 has been a popular phone around the world, and now Xiaomi has started rolling out a new update; for the global variant of the Mi 9 with MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global stable ROM. The update carries the version number V18.104.22.168.QECCNXM; and brings the latest August 2020 security patch.
As usual, the update is now being rolled out via an OTA. Additionally, the interested users can also check for the OTA update via Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The new firmware update carries the new Android 10 goodies alongside all the new MIUI 12 features and improvements; such as the better system UI, animation transitions, privacy protection, improved system security; improved app permissions, new stock ringtones, new stock wallpapers; floating window mode, AI call assistant, improved control centre and more. The complete changelog of the update has been listed below.
Mi 9 MIUI 22.214.171.124 Changelog
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security
Download Xiaomi Mi 9 MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM
V188.8.131.52.QECCNXM (Global Stable) – Download Link (Recovery ROM)
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specifications
On the display front, the device now has a fairly larger display – at 6.39-inches, but is still a Super AMOLED panel with 1080p+ resolution with Gorilla Glass 6 protection, and a 90.7% screen-to-body ratio, in part thanks to the smaller waterdrop notch. Under the hood, the Xiaomi Mi 9 has the most high-end SoC from Qualcomm – the Snapdragon 855 processor paired with 6 or 12GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of storage.
Gizchina News of the week
Aside from the optical in-display fingerprint sensor, another plus for the Xiaomi Mi 9 is the triple rear camera system which makes it the first-ever Xiaomi phone to pack up to three rear cameras. The main sensor is a 48-MP Sony IMX586 that can output 12-MP images, coupled with a 12-megapixel telephoto lens provides a 2x zoom, as well as a 16-megapixel super wide camera that allows for a wider field of view. Above the display, the Xiaomi Mi 9 houses a 20MP selfie camera (f/2.0, 0.9-micron pixels), complete with a software-driven portrait mode.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage (Transparent Edition)
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with 27W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging