POCO’s revival seems to be getting on track at last. After some rebrandings, the company finally is pushing new smartphones that aren’t just rebranded Redmi phones. This applies to the POCO X3 NFC launched today. It’s the first POCO handset released in 2020 to feature an original design and specifications. Tomorrow, the company will reveal the POCO M2 to sit alongside the already unveiled POCO M2 Pro. We have a feeling that this one will not be so original, but a close sibling to the Redmi 9. Today, the company confirmed the presence of a 5,000mAh battery inside the new mid-range. This capacity is becoming a standard among Xiaomi’s mid-range phones.
Poor battery life leads to WTF moments. Be ready to turn all your WTF moments to #PowerFTW moments with 5000mAh battery.#POCOM2 is arriving on 8th September at 12 noon on @Flipkart.
Visit https://t.co/6jQJuI4kfk for more.
Hit ❤️ to show your excitement. pic.twitter.com/vbCTEfVJ9Z
— POCO India #POCOM2 (@IndiaPOCO) September 6, 2020
The company already confirmed that the new phone will pack a FullHD+ display and 6GB of RAM. Now, we get the confirmation regarding the actual battery capacity of the phone. Interestingly enough, its POCO M2 Pro sibling carries the same battery capacity complete with 33W fast-charging. Of course, we don’t expect the smaller, probably cheaper, POCO M2 to come with the same fast-charging speed. In fact, it should ship with a 18W fast-charging just like the original Redmi 9.
Gizchina News of the week
The M2 Pro isn’t considered a rebranding, but it’s too similar to the Global Redmi Note 9 Pro variants. The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is available in India, but this din’t prevent POCO from launching the M2 Pro in the country. The Redmi 9 is available in India as Redmi 9 Prime, and now should reach the country once again as POCO M2.
All doubts will be cleared tomorrow at 12PM IST or 6:30AM UTC. The company will disclose all details about its specifications, pricing and availability.
If you’re eager for specifications, you can compare what has already been revealed about the M2 with the Redmi 9 specs.
REDMI 9 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash. 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging