For those who follow Xiaomi every single day and eagerly looking for any information about its new products, we have news. It concerns the fact that already on September 15 the company’s lineup will be replenished with another smartphone. Redmi 9i, which is due to be presented in India. It is not known whether it will appear on the global market or not.
Redmi 9i will launch on September 15 in India
Already from the name, it is clear that the new product will become part of the Redmi 9 family, where, in addition to the basic version, there are already Redmi 9C and Redmi 9A, as well as Redmi 9 Prime in the Indian market. It is logical to assume that this will be a light version of Redmi 9, but there is no understanding what kind of simplifications will occur.
Teasers announcing the Redmi 9i only give an understanding that the smartphone will receive a display with a drop-cutout for the front module and a 4 GB of RAM. The landing page of the model also promises that it will offer a large battery, decent internal storage, best cameras in its class, and good gaming capabilities. The Redmi 9i will ship with MIUI 12 and it will almost certainly come with a MediaTek chip.
Tweet 'ℹ️ AM READY' if you're as excited about the launch as we are! #BigOnEntertainment
— Redmi India – #RedmiSmartBand is here! (@RedmiIndia) September 9, 2020
According to unofficial information, the smartphone will be equipped with a 64/128 GB flash drive and will be offered in three colors: black, blue and green. In terms of the price tag, the smartphone will cost about $110.
Redmi 9, we recall, is equipped with a 6.53-inch screen, a 5020 mAh battery with support for 18-watt charging, MediaTek Helio G80 SoC and a quad-camera with 13, 8, 5 and 2 megapixel sensors. Perhaps the Poco M2 will have some minor differences, but it is unlikely that we are talking about a smartphone with the same design, but completely different specs.
Redmi 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs). With up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB. 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash. 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging