In recent times, Xiaomi has been releasing a couple of smartphones in different markets. Although these smartphones are mostly re-brands of pre-existing devices, they are not performing badly. Xiaomi is not releasing just smartphones, it is also releasing updates for these smartphones. According to recent reports, the stable version of MIUI 12 on top of Android 11 for the Redmi K30 Pro is now available. The Redmi K30 Pro is now receiving MIUI 12.1.2 stable version. This update also comes with September 2020 Google security patch to improve the security of the system.
Back in March, Xiaomi officially released the Redmi K30 Pro in the popular K30 series. This smartphone comes with a 60Hz Samsung AMOLED screen. It also uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, with a 3435mm² VC heat sink and linear motor. This smartphone further retains the earphone jack and supports infrared remote control.
This update weighs a whopping 3.3GB. Of course, the enormous size is expected because it is an Android cross-version upgrade. Users have to ensure that they have enough space as well as a good internet connection before attempting the upgrade. Furthermore, to reduce the upgrade risk, it is recommended that users back up their personal data in advance. Although this is a stable version, some old apps may still have compatibility issues.
Redmi K30 Pro / K30 Pro Zoom Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens,2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water-resistant (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging