Realme revealed the latest handsets Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro on Thursday. These most modern handsets of the Realme 7 Series come with 65 watts fast charging and quad rear camera setup. Realme 7 is the world’s first smartphone launched with the MediaTek Helio G95 processor. While the Realme 7 Pro started to receive an update a couple of days back, Realme has now started to roll out a new update for the Realme 7 carrying the model number RMX2151_11_A.43, bumps up the Android security patch level on the Realme 7 to August 2020 and brings in the 64MP Professional Mode that’s present on the Pro version out of the box.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device; while bumping up the software version and bringing in the August 2020 Security Patch. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q . Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in Europe exclusively over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
Realme 7 RMX2151_11_A.43 Update Changelog
- Android Security Patch: August, 2020
- Added 64M professional mode
- Optimized the quality of the rear camera
- Updated the quality of backlight shooting in outdoors
- Optimized the noise in night mode
- Added decimal point display feature for fast charging animation
- Optimized the charging speed
- Added support for Amazon Alexa (need to download Alexa from Google Store)
- Optimized the touch control experience
- Optimized the game experience of Rules of Survival
- Optimized the fingerprint unlock speed
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
REALME 7 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, up to 480 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with realme UI
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.73″ Sony IMX682 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, UIS/UIS Max, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP B&W portrait camera and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX471 sensor
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.3×74.8×9.4mm; Weight: 196.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging