The Taiwanese company, Asus, had just released its latest flagship smartphone, the Asus Zenfone 7 globally seems to not have forgotten about its predecessor device, The Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z). The brand has now started rolling out a new software update to Asus ZenFone 6. with the April security patch 2020. While it has been too late for this update, getting it late is better than not at all receiving it.
The update carries the version WW_17.1810.2009.176 and weighs around 1.5GB in size. However, do note that tt is only compatible with ZS630KL. This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q and possibly the second last major update for the Zenfone 6. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
Asus Zenfone 7 WW_17.1810.2009.176 Update Changelog
For changes, The update brings the April Security Patch and software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
- Integrates new android security patch
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass back, 159.1×75.4×9.2mm, 190g; Midnight Black and Twilight Silver color schemes.
- Display: 6.4″ IPS LCD, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi, Gorilla Glass 6.
- Camera: Motorized rotating dual camera assembly. Main module: 48MP, 1/2.0″ SONY IMX586 Quad Bayer sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 79-degree FOV (26mm equiv. focal length), laser/PDAF, OIS. Ultra wide module: 13MP, f/2.4 aperture, 125-degree FOV (11mm equiv. focal length), fixed focus. Dual LED flash.
- Video recording: Up to 4K 2160p@60fps with EIS on the main cam, up to 4K@30fps with EIS on the ultra wide, slow-motion up to 1080p@240fps or 720p@480fps (only on the main cam).
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, ZenUI 6.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 (7nm): octa-core CPU (1×2.8GHz & 3×2.4GHz Kryo Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: Up to 8GB RAM, up to 256GB UFS 2.1 storage, dedicated microSD card slot.
- Battery: 5,000mAh capacity, 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging, 10W reverse charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 6-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio. USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Rear-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers.
What do you think of the new update? How many of you have started to receive the Asus Zenfone 6 April Security Patch Update? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below