We got the first glimpse of Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold2 during Samsung’s Unpacked Event in August. However, the company left all the highlights on the Galaxy Note 20 as the Z Fold2 presumably was not ready for the market. Earlier this month, the company finally revealed the device along with all its specifications. Today, the brand new foldable smartphone is hitting all the major markets in the world. That includes the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, France, and other countries inside Europe. The device is already available in markets like South-Korea and China.
The new smartphone comes with a modern design and ditches the notch in favor of a punch-hole. Of course, it comes to be much more durable than the first prototypes of the Galaxy Fold. The Z Fold wants to keep the success of the Z Flip 5G and keep Samsung’s domain in the foldable smartphone segment as other firms are still struggling to enter this segment. Now, it’s up to the customers to decided if the unconventional smartphone worths their money. If it sells well, then, other companies will see more reason to enter this trend and consequently it will be more than just a “niche” device.
SAMSUNG GALAXY Z FOLD 2 SPECIFICATIONS
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Plus a 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. And a 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80. MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The device is available in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colors. If you’re familiar with Samsung devices, we don’t need to tell you which version will sell more. Samsung’s Mystic Bronze has been a hero color for the Galaxy Note 20 series, Buds Live, Galaxy Watch3 and now the Z Fold2.