Last week, Huawei introduced the Watch GT 2 Pro smartwatch, which is made of expensive and high-quality materials, and also boasts a high level of autonomy and wide functionality. During the release, the company promised that the new product will hit the home market and in Europe in September. And only now it became known that the global and Chinese versions will differ. And they will be distinguished by one important feature.
The trick is in the software. Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro will come to the European market with LiteOS preinstalled. But in China, the wearable gadget will be offered with the proprietary operating system HongmengOS (HarmonyOS). And this is the company’s first wearable gadget with the new operating system.
The advent of smartwatches with HongmengOS was not a big revelation. The company announced last year its desire to release a smartwatch with a proprietary operating system. And it strictly follows the plan. And next year Huawei promises more products with HongmengOS (HarmonyOS), among which there will be smartphones.
HUAWEI Watch GT 2 Pro specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display with Sapphire glass protection
- HUAWEI Kirin A1 chip + STL4R9
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 4.4 and above iOS 9.0 devices
- 4GB memory to store about 500 songs
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- GPS supported
- Integrated microphone and speaker, Bluetooth calling
- 100+ workout modes, including 17 professional modes and 85 custom modes
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, and Capacitive sensor
- Heart rate tracking with TruSeen 4.0+, HUAWEI TruSleep sleep monitoring, HUAWEI TruRelax, and all-day activity tracking.
- Dimensions: 46.7 x 46.7 x 11.4mm; Weight: 52 g (Without strap)
- 455mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life, wireless fast charging
Huawei Mate 40 may not arrive at global markets this year
Regarding the problems and the fate of Huawei, users are divided into two main camps: some believe that the company’s days in the smartphone market are numbered, others are confident that it will be able to cope with all the problems and will show the United States what it can do. In this situation, it remains for us to observe the development of events, as well as those new products that the company will release, including the upcoming Huawei Mate40 series.
One of the main premieres of Huawei and the industry as a whole in the second half of this year will be the release of the flagships of the Mate 40 series. Rumor has it that the announcement of the devices will take place no earlier than November this year. Huawei itself remains calm and urges its fans to wait a bit, promising that the premiere will take place as scheduled. But at the same time, it does not specify when it will happen.
Meanwhile, the reputable insider Evan Blass has announced that the Huawei Mate40 series will not be released this year. We’ll have to wait until 2021. However, he did not specify whether he was talking about the global market or the Chinese market. Maybe, the announcement of the new devices will take place in China this year. But they will enter the global market only next year.
Rumor has it that Huawei is soberly assessing the situation. And, it does not expect a large demand for the flagships Mate 40. This was the reason that it has reduced orders for components for these smartphones by 30-40%.