OnePlus has confirmed that it will soon launch the next flagship – OnePlus 8T 5G. The company revealed the name of the phone on its Twitter India official handle yesterday. According to the company, this smartphone is “coming soon”. According to speculations, this smartphone will officially launch on October 14.
Last Saturday, a dedicated OnePlus 8T 5G page also appeared on OnePlus’ India website. This page is carrying out a promotion, and people can participate in a lucky draw to win the upcoming flagship phone. The page also includes a trailer for OnePlus 8T 5G, starring OnePlus brand ambassador Robert Downey Jr. This page currently includes a “Notify Me” button with which users can win exclusive prizes. Currently, OnePlus only promotes the OnePlus 8T 5G conference in India. Amazon India will sell this phone and set up a special page to announce its upcoming launch.
The OnePlus’ T-series phones usually bring a small upgrade to OnePlus’ flagship phones launched in the first half of the year. However, OnePlus 8T 5G is expected to add some design changes to the series. For example, the leaked mobile phone rendering shows that the back of this phone will use a heavy camera module similar to the Galaxy S20. According to reports, this phone will also support 65W fast charging, while the OnePlus 8 Pro is 30W.
OnePlus 8T 5G specs speculations
The front of the OnePlus 8T 5G phone may use the same 6.55-inch display as the OnePlus 8, but the refresh rate is 120Hz. It is reported that a punch hole on the front will accommodate a 32-megapixel selfie lens. On the rear, it will have a quad camera setup. The actual configuration will include 48MP + 16MP + 5MP + 2MP. OnePlus 8T 5G is expected to run on the Snapdragon 865 chipset. There have been rumors that this phone will not use the upgraded Snapdragon 865 Plus. However, the trailer released by OnePlus emphasizes speed, so there is still hope for OnePlus 8T 5G to come with the Snapdragon 865 Plus.
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera, 2MP depth sensor
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65W fast charging