In the past couple of days, we have seen multiple devices from Realme receiving a new update be it either the newly launched Realme 7 Pro or the older smartphones from the brand. Now, Realme has started rolling out a new update for the Realme 6 carrying the build number RMX2001_11_B.47 (via) which brings the September 2020 security patch, fixes Wi-Fi issues and more.
Realme 6 September Update Changelog
- Updated Android security patch: September 2020
- Optimized the system performance and improved system stability
- Fixed the display issue of scan icon in the Wi-Fi menu
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
In case you are interested in buying the Realme 6, do not forget to check out our full review of the same from here. You’ll find all the information you require.
Realme 6 Specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs)
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with Realme UI 1.0
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP mono sensor and 2MP 4cm macro sensor
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.1×74.8×8.9-9.6mm; Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh battery with 30W VOOC Flash Charge fast charging