OnePlus has officially unveiled the OnePlus 8T flagship smartphone. It is marketed as an improved version of the OnePlus 8 model.
OnePlus 8T is official with a 120Hz screen and ultra-fast charging
The smartphone has received a body made of glass and metal and a flat display with a diagonal of 6.55 inches. It uses an AMOLED panel with a resolution of 2400 × 1080 pixels, a refresh rate of 120 Hz, a brightness of up to 1100 nits and support for HDR10+. A fingerprint scanner is hidden under the screen, and a single 16-megapixel front camera is located in the hole on the top left corner.
The heart of the device is the 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with 5G support. It has a RAM with up to 12 GB (LPDDR4X), and storage memory up to 256 GB (UFS 3.1). The phone has two batteries with a total capacity of 4,500 mAh. There is support for super-fast charging with a power of 65 W – adapter included. The manufacturer promises to retain 80% of the battery capacity after 800 charge cycles.
The main camera includes four modules: 48-megapixel main (Sony IMX586, f / 1.8, 0.8 microns, OIS), 16-megapixel wide-angle (f / 2.2, 117º), 5-megapixel for macro photography (f / 2.4) and 2-megapixel portrait (f / 2.4). There is an improved Nightscape night mode and portrait video mode.
It is also worth noting the presence of stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and an advanced vibration motor, providing “new sensations in mobile games”. The smartphone is powered by the OxygenOS 11 user interface based on Android 11.
OnePlus 8T specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX481 sensor, 5MP 3cm macro camera, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.7×74.1×8.4mm; Weight: 188g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The smartphone will be available in two colors, Aquamarine Green and Lunar Silver, at a price of 599 euros (about $700) for the 8GB/128 GB version. While the 12GB/256 GB version will cost 699 euros (about $820). Sales start on October 16.