Chinese manufacturer, Meizu, is trying hard to keep its smartphone business. In recent times, the company’s phone business has been going down. Presently, we hardly get any report from Meizu with respect to smartphones. Despite its poor smartphone business, the company still managed to release the Meizu 17 series.
According to a message on the official WeChat of Meizu Technology, the Meizu 17 series once again released an important update. This update brings MEMC dynamic interpolation compensation technology, leading a new round of system function upgrades.
According to reports, in addition to MEMC dynamic interpolation compensation technology, this update also includes GPU driver update strategy, “Flyme” fast pairing, camera auto exposure-focus lock, and new image editing functions.
This update will start trial recruitment on October 28, and the official version will be pushed in early December. It is interesting that Meizu is still releasing updates for its smartphones despite its dwindling smartphone business.
The Meizu 17 series has two smartphones that include Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro. These smartphones were released back in May. For those who may have forgotten what these devices offer, here is their specs sheet.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro