The Apple iPhone 12 series have been in the market for about four days and there have been multiple reports regarding these smartphones. According to a recent review, the super-ceramic display of the iPhone 12 a drop resistance which is four times better. However, within a few days of the arrival of the first iPhone 12 and 12 Pro phones, some users complained of scratches on the screen.
So what is going on here? The super-ceramic display glass material with an innovative crystal structure is highly resistant to drops. However, this display easily picks u a scratch?. According to Max Weinbach, the glass material is really soft which makes it resistant to drops. However, this also seems to make it vulnerable to scratches.
MKBHD, a well-known YouTube digital channel, mentions this problem in his iPhone 12 review. According to him, after a few days, significant scratches are already on the display. MKBHD also mentioned that scratch resistance is often inversely proportional to shatterproof protection. The softer the glass, the less likely it is to break, but the easier it is to scratch. On the other hand, a hard display may be more resistant to scratches, but it is more fragile when dropped.
Despite the recent reviews, earlier reviews indicate different situations. According to MobileReviewsEh review on YouTubethe new iPhone 12 is more resistant to drops and scratches than the iPhone 11.
Apple iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 specifications
- iPhone 12 mini -5.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) OLED 476ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 – 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- iPhone 12 mini dimensions: 131.5×64.2×7.4mm; Weight: 133grams
- iPhone 12 dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 162grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 15 hours (iPhone 12 mini) / 17 hours (iPhone 12) of video playback