Xiaomi is quite serious with updates and improvements for its smartphones and software. According to information from netizens, Xiaomi MIUI notes ushered in an internal beta update which adds a “mind map” function. According to reports, the Mind Map function of Xiaomi Notes supports the one-click generation of mind maps. The “mind map” feature is an effective graphical thinking tool for expressing emissive thinking.
According to Xiaomi, it is simple but extremely effective, and it is a very useful thinking tool. As of last month, the Xiaomi MIUI notes app added the Graffiti feature. In case you missed the new privacy protection feature on MIUI 12, see it below.
MIUI 12 privacy protection testing: readily protects your device
Recently, Xiaomi Community launched a new privacy protection feature – “Photo Album and Social Application Information Protection” on MIUI 12. This update is a close beta for now. According to the company, this new feature will further protect users’ data at any time. The new privacy protection feature testing is open to all Xiaomi users.
Gizchina News of the week
Let us take a look at the full list of what the update brings
- Support setting whether each application will have access to the file content in the mobile phone album storage directory. Specifically, the social application information storage directory.
- “Read and write phone storage” permission increases access content management. You can set whether the application can “access phone album” and “access social application information” in the authorization pop-up window and permission management page of “read and write phone storage”.
- The app can only set the “Access Mobile Photo Album” and “Access Social Application Information” when the authorization status of “Read and Write Mobile Phone Storage” is Allowed in Use or Always Allowed
- Currently, the social applications for the “Access to Social Application Information” are WeChat and QQ
- The current directory coverage of “Access Mobile Photo Album” is DCIM/Camera and DCIM/Screenshot.
- When the “read and write phone storage” permission status of an application is “allowed”, “in use” or “always allowed”, by default the application will have access. If you have a need to deactivate this feature, you can go to the authority management page to do that.
- If “Access Mobile Album” is off, the “Access Mobile Album” permission window will pop up when an application requests access to the storage directory of the mobile album. However, if the same app tries to get access again, another message of “no access” will pop up. However, after two trials by the same app daily, the app will not get access and no notification will pop up.
- If “Access social application information” is off, when an application requests access to the storage directory of social application information, a notification “App has been prohibited from accessing social application information” will pop up. This notification will no longer pop up after it pops up twice a day