The Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G smartphones were launched this year. Samsung should launch a new model next year called the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
Presumably, the manufacturer will skip the Galaxy Z Flip 2. First, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G will be the second-gen Z Flip smartphone. And second, the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is also coming out next year, so users should have a good understanding of the generations of bendable smartphones.
The specs of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
The smartphone should be available next summer, but some of the key features of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 have already leaked online. The source claims the Galaxy Z Flip 3 will feature a 6.9-inch screen with narrower bezels and a smaller camera opening. 120Hz will also be supported. The first Galaxy Z Flip has a 60 Hz 6.7-inch screen.
We also expect that the external screen will increase, so its diagonal will increase from 2.2 to 3.3 inches. Ross Young, founder of research companies Display Supply Chain Consultants and DisplaySearch, said the smartphone’s external screen will be smaller than the Motorola Razr (2.7 inches).
The phone will feature a new ultra-thin glass (UTG) which will enhance the durability of the smartphone. The battery capacity will be 3900 mAh, while the original smartphone has a 3300 mAh battery.
Much better durability
Let's see if these can aged well but basically confirmed what I said before and yesterday Korean media report
— Chun (@chunvn8888) November 25, 2020
here is a reminder of the specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/ cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 3.09 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 + 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 585) with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 167.3×73.6×7.2mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) / 3204mAh (minimum) battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging