HMD Global has been putting a lot of effort into its Nokia smartphone brand. The company recently unveiled two budget smartphones – Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4. Now, it is the turn of the mid-range Nokia 5.4. The Finnish company officially released the Nokia 5.4 today. This smartphone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor as well as a punch-hole screen. The launch price of this device is 189 euros ($230).
Looking at the specs, this device comes with a 6.39-inch screen with a resolution of 720 x 1600 and an aspect ratio of 20:9. In terms of configuration, Nokia 5.4 is equipped with an 8-core Snapdragon 662 processor, which is an 11nm process chip that uses 4 2GHz Kryo 260 cores and 4 1.8GHz Kryo 260 cores. Furthermore, the display chip is the Adreno 610 GPU. Under the hood, this smartphone has up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There is also a 4G RAM version as well as a 64GB RAM version.
In the camera department, this device comes with a 48MP main camera on the rear. It also has a 5MP wide-angle, 2MP depth-of-field camera, and 2MP macro cameras. This means that it comes with a quad-rear camera setup. For the battery, the Nokia 5.4 uses a decent 4000 mAh that supports 10W charging.
This device is currently available in Europe and it seems to be a very good and affordable mid-range phone. Unfortunately, there is no information with regards to when it will arrive in other markets. However, we expect to hear of its launch in other markets next year.
Nokia 5.4 specifications
- 6.39-inch (720 x 1600) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 662 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 5MP wide-angle camera, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP for macro
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 160.97 x 75.99 x 8.70mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000 mAh battery
What do you think about the recent Nokia 5.4? For me, with a price tag of $230, this device will be a force to reckon with if Nokia can get its marketing right. Do you think this smartphone can turn around the fortunes of Nokia? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below