A few days ago, Huawei officially released the Harmony OS 2.0 beta for smartphones. This new Harmony system is already available for some Huawei phones. According to reports, the Harmony OS will be available for all Huawei phones by next year. As of now, developers with the Huawei P40 or Mate 30 series can apply to participate in the testing.
At the press conference, Huawei exhibited a smartphone with Harmony OS. The demo shows the features of the Harmony OS. Looking at the operation of the phone in the demo, it is not much different from Android-based EMUI. It is technically the same in terms of operation and interface design. However, a Huawei on-site staff recently claims that the demo only shows the distributed capabilities of the system. According to the staff, the official version definitely has a new interface design on mobile phones.
According to developers and media houses that witnessed the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta release, the system is not much different from Android. Technical experts believe that Harmony OS feels like an off-shoot of Android.
According to Wang Chenglu, President of Huawei’s Consumer Business Software, “In the past five years or so, the Huawei software team has basically replaced the most core parts of the Android system…From the low-level driver to the hardware abstraction layer, to the programming framework, and so on. We have changed everything that can be changed”. In addition, Wang Chenglu has repeatedly emphasized that Harmony OS was born not to replace Android. However, it is here to compete with and surpass Android. It hopes to be a new-generation operating system for the IoT era.
Gizchina News of the week
HARMONY OS 2.0 MOBILE DEVELOPER BETA MAIN FEATURES
- Brand new mobile phone UI controls, adding 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications. It also unifies the UI interaction experience of multiple devices.
- The HarmonyOS application framework supports mobile phones and rapid migration. It also supports swift connection and circulation. There is a no-installation loading of HarmonyOS applications on multiple devices.
- Provides Windows and Mac platform development and compilation toolchain experience. This is also convenient for developers to quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- Provides 40+ Sample Codes for mobile developers. This is convenient for developers to quickly understand and adapt to HarmonyOS interfaces and development methods.
- Distributed capability interfaces such as multi-modal perception support multiple usage scenarios.
- Also offers a standard input method framework and capabilities
- Provide standardized telephone system interface capabilities.
- Also uses a barrier-free development framework
- Provides standardized distributed data management capabilities. Developers can also call standardized distributed DB interfaces to realize real-time data synchronization between devices.
- Enhance the account system capabilities. It also includes accountless devices into the HarmonyOS system.