As reported by XDA Developers, the latest update brings Android 11, as well as the Samsung One UI 3.0 skin with all that it implies. It is important to note that Samsung initially promised to update the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G to Android 11 only next January, but the company worked ahead of schedule. Moreover, the update was immediately available in Europe.
As a reminder, the original Samsung Galaxy Z Flip was available in early February this year. Later, in August, Samsung released an updated version of the smartphone that supports fifth-generation networks.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G received Snapdragon 865+, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash memory. The internal screen is a Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex with a diagonal of 6.7 inches with Full HD+ resolution, while the external is a Super AMOLED with a diagonal of 1.1 inches with a resolution of 300 x 112 pixels. The battery capacity is 3300 mAh. The front camera has a resolution of 10 MP, the main one uses two sensors with a resolution of 12 MP.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/ cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 3.09 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 + 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 585) with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 167.3×73.6×7.2mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) / 3204mAh (minimum) battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi topped the smartphone market in Q3 2020
Analytical agency Gartner has published another report on the smartphone market. As it turned out, in the third quarter of this year, 366 million smartphones were sold worldwide; which is 5.7% less than in the same period last year. And although the drop is noticeable, it is less than 20%; which the market fell by in the first half of the year.
Samsung is still the leader with 80.82 million units sold and 22% of the market. In general, of the Top 5 manufacturers, only Samsung and Xiaomi were able to increase sales – by 2.2% and 34.9%, respectively. Huawei is in second place with 51.83 million smartphones sold – its market share is 14.4%. Xiaomi sold 44.41 million smartphones – equivalent to a market share of 12.1%.
Apple is in fourth place. Between July and September, the company sold 40.6 million smartphones – its market share was 11.1%. Interestingly, Oppo is not far from Apple. In the third quarter, it sold 29.89 million smartphones (the market share of this company is 8.2%).