In the smartphone industry, it is quite common for manufacturers to make fun of each other, making remarks and trying to present their products as a better solution than the competition. This time, Xiaomi and OnePlus became the heroes of the story.
First, OnePlus tweeted a message inviting users to stand out “in the apple world” by promoting its flagship smartphone. Interestingly, the Cupertino company did not respond to this taunt, but Xiaomi India hastened to promote its new Mi 10T Pro smartphone.
Xiaomi commented on OnePlus’s words, stating, “But why settle for less when you can have more. New year. 108MP resolution”.
But why settle for less when you can have more.
New year. 108MP resolution.#Mi10TPro #SettleForBetter pic.twitter.com/9VjHk2R3C9
— Mi India #Mi10TSeries5G (@XiaomiIndia) December 22, 2020
It is noteworthy that in its message, Xiaomi used the image of the recently released smartphone Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, which is equipped with a 108-megapixel main camera. In addition, the Chinese smartphone maker has also used the hashtag SettleForBetter, which is another satire on OnePlus, whose slogan is Never Settle.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 500 nits (typ) / 650 nits max brightness, HDR10, MEMC, 98% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage for 10T; 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage for 10T Pro
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Mi 10T — 64MP rear camera with IMX682 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP 2cm-10cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Mi 10T Pro — 108MP rear camera with Samsung HMX 1/ 1.33″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP macro lens
- 20MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3T2 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 165.1×76.4×9.33mm; Weight: 218g (Mi 10T Pro) ; 216g (Mi 10T)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 4×4 MIMO; Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 33W fast charging
In India, the Xiaomi Mi 10i smartphone will be released in a couple of weeks, which will be a renamed copy of the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G previously released in China. Xiaomi released the image and specifications of the Xiaomi Mi 10i today.