Xiaomi is getting set to release a couple of smartphones in the coming weeks. The company has already announced that the Xiaomi Mi 11 series will arrive on December 28th. In addition, Xiaomi India announced on its official Twitter handle that the company’s first smartphone conference in 2021 will take place on January 5th. It will release the Xiaomi Mi 10i for India at this event. According to a recent report, this smartphone will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 SoC, a 120Hz display, and a 108MP camera. This device is also expected to support up to 33W fast charging. Judging from the official posters, Xiaomi Mi 10i corresponds to the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Chinese version).
Xiaomi India started to preview the phone on Twitter, and also set up a page on its official website. In addition, the side of the device was also seen. It reveals the SIM card tray on the left and the curved back. These are consistent with the design of the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G. The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G comes with a 6.67-inch IPS LCD screen, 120Hz refresh rate, Samsung 1/1.52-inch ISOCELL HM2 108MP main sensor, and a 4820 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G (Chinese Version) specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung HM2 sensor with 7P lens, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.38×76.8×9.0mm; Weight:215g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4820mAh (Typical) / 4720mAh (Minimum) battery with 33W fast charging
It’s common for Xiaomi to release the same device with different names in different regions. However, we can not tell for sure that the Xiaomi Mi 10i will be a rebrand of the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Chinese version). If there will be any changes, there is no information on that for now.