About a week ago, another MIUI 12 update was released for the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone under the build number V184.108.40.206.QGGEUXM. And now, the update turned out to be a problem – after its installation, the smartphones of some users stopped working.
V220.127.116.11.QGGEUXM is out for Redmi Note 8 Pro users in Europe and is not currently the right time to install it. There are already reports on the Web with a video about what happens if the update is installed, the smartphone goes into a cyclic reboot.
And although it is noted that not all users face such problems (besides, a rollback to the factory setting seems to solve it), nevertheless, it is better to skip this update or wait for the corrected version.
Redmi Note 8 Pro
The Redmi Note 8 Pro features a 6.53-inch display with an FHD+ resolution and a waterdrop notch housing the 20MP selfie snapper. Moving around to the back we have a gorgeous gradient back with a center-aligned Quad-Camera setup. It comprises a 64MP main, 8MP Ultra-Wide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensors.
Under the hood, we have the Helio G90T Octa-Core featuring Two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.05GHz and Six Cortex-A55 cores. There is a Mali-G76 MC4 GPU ensuring that the smartphone will be able to run most of the Play Store games without much stress. It can easily run popular games like PUBG, COD, and Fortnite with high-graphic settings.
The phone draws power from a 4,500mAh battery with 18W-fast charging and the Global variants support NFC. This feature is unavailable on the Indian variants, however, the Indian units support dual-SIM + microSD card features. The Global units have to deal with the Hybrid SIM / MicroSD card trays.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Built-in Alexa with dual wake word
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 161.37×76.4×8.79mm; Weight: 199.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging