When a smartphone successor is on the way, it is not strange to find massive and multiple price-cuts for the device. A few days ago, the first information of the Meizu 18 series appeared online. Earlier today, there were reports on the battery capacity of the Meizu 18 series. Now, there are reports that the Meizu 17 series has a huge price cut on Jingdong and Suning. The Meizu 18 series will be the successor to the Meizu 17 series.
According to the report, there are multiple discounts but the maximum price-cut is 750 yuan ($116). Presently, the Meizu 17 Pro (8GB+128GB is on the shelf for 3599 yuan ($556). Not only that, the Meizu 17 series supports 6 interest-free periods as well as other prices.
As the top masterpiece of Meizu in 2020, Meizu 17 Pro has some changes in terms of design and appearance. This smartphone also won a couple of awards including the GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2020. Unlike other flagship phones, Meizu 17 Pro adopts the most unique white front panel design. It is the first Snapdragon 865 flagship with a white front panel design.
Meizu 18 series is coming
The upcoming Meizu 18 will have 4,410 mAh (typ 4,500 mAh) and 3,910 mAh (typ 4,000 mAh) batteries. While the former will support 40W fast charging, the latter will support 30W fast charging. In addition, this smartphone will ship with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC. There could also be a Snapdragon 888 version of this device.
The Snapdragon 870 uses the same process and architecture as the Snapdragon 865 Plus. However, this chip comes with a higher version of the Kryo 585 CPU core. Its core frequency rises to 3.2GHz, which is 100MHz higher than the previous generation. Obviously, its performance is better than the SD865 but it falls short of the 5nm SD888. This chip is a 7nm processor, the Meizu 17 also uses a 7nm processor,
As of now, there is no official information from the company regarding the upcoming Meizu 18 series. However, Meizu has been listed as one of the companies to use the new 7nm Snapdragon 870 SoC. Considering the adoption rate of the Snapdragon 870, we expect the Meizu 18 to arrive before April.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro