According to a recent leak from @TheGalox, Samsung is about to unveil a new Galaxy Tab S series. The report claims that this device is technically the same with its predecessor in terms of appearance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series will come with an 11-inch LCD display. This is consistent with its predecessor, Galaxy Tab S7. Furthermore, this new tablet will use a side fingerprint recognition module, and the screen refresh rate is 120Hz. Regarding the Galaxy Tab S8+, the leaker claims that it will have an on-screen fingerprint sensor. This tablet will come with a 12.4-inch AMOLED display, and also support a 120Hz variable refresh rate.
In terms of battery, while the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 will use an 8000 mAh battery, the S8+ will come with a 10,090 mAh battery. Both tablets will support 45W fast charging. Most importantly, Samsung’s new tablet will upgrade to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC. It will also use Samsung’s latest One UI 3.1 system, and both tablets will support the S Pen stylus.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ tablet currently on the market is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 + processor, the screen has a 120Hz refresh rate, a resolution of 2800 x 1752, and a weight of 575g. This tablet uses a 5-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera and a 13-megapixel main camera.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ specifications
- Tab S7+ — 12.4-inch (2800 x 1752 pixel) WQXGA+ 120Hz Super AMOLED display
- Tab S7 — 11-inch (2560 x 1600 pixel) WQXGA 120Hz LTPS TFT display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with One UI
- 13MP rear camera with f / 2.0 aperture, LED flash, 5MP 123° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Galaxy S7+ — In-display fingerprint scanner
- Galaxy S7 — Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Quad speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- S Pen with Bluetooth, 0.35mAh battery
- Tab S7+ Dimensions: 285 x 185 x 5.7mm; Weight: 575g
- Tab S7 Dimensions: 253.8 x 165.3 x 6.3mm; Weight: 498g (Wi-Fi), 500g (LTE), 502g (5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ax, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, USB Type-C
- Tab S7+ — 10,090mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
- Tab S7 — 8,000mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
As of now, there is no official launch date for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series. Nevertheless, from the leaks so far, this series is coming pretty soon.
Featured Image: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7