Today, Vivo released what we can consider as a powerful mid-range phone, Vivo S7t. This smartphone takes its inspiration from the Vivo S7 but it comes with a different processor. The Vivo S7t comes with the Dimensity 820 chip from Mediatek, one of the most powerful chips for mid-range smartphones. This smartphone further uses a 6.44-inch AMOLED screen with a small notch that hosts two front cameras. In addition to the Dimensity 820 SoC, this device comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB / 256GB of internal storage. This is quite impressive for a mid-range device.
In the camera department, this phone uses a triple rear camera setup. It has a 64MP main camera as well as an 8MP ultrawide cam and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a dual-camera setup as we mentioned earlier. The front hosts 44MP regular and 8MP ultrawide units. Of course, Vivo has since established its prowess in the selfie field.
Under the hood, this smartphone ships with a 4000 mAh battery to keep its lights on. This battery also supports 33W fast-charging. For a mid-range device, there is nothing wrong with this configuration. On the software end, the Vivo S7t comes with OriginOS on top of Android 11.
Gizchina News of the week
Well, this is a mid-range smartphone and we don’t expect it to be too expensive. According to the company, the Vivo S7t will hit the shelves for 2,598 yuan, which is about $400/€335. Interestingly, despite the more powerful chip, the Vivo S7t is selling for the same price as the regular Vivo S7. In terms of availability, this device is already available for pre-orders/registration at Vivo’s own store and major Chinese online retailers. This smartphone is available in Black or Gradient Blue colours.
Vivo S7t specifications
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED display
- 2.6GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 820 processor with Mali-G57 MC5 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with OriginOS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP mono camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 44MP autofocus front-facing camera with Samsung GH1 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.28 aperture, 4k 60 fps video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.82×74.2×7.39mm; Weight: 170g
- USB Type-C audio, Super linear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 33W fast charging