Last week, a new entry-level smartphone from Motorola, Moto E6i appeared on the Bluetooth SIG database. Now, this smartphone is official and it’s one you can get with a low budget. This is an entry-level smartphone that comes with Unisoc Tiger SC9863A SoC. Many may know the company, Unisoc as Spreadtrum. This processor is comparable to the Snapdragon 429 SoC. It is an entry-level 28nm octa-core SoC with 8 ARM Cortex-A55 cores in two clusters. One of the clusters has a frequency up to 1.6 GHz and an efficiency cluster of up to 1.2 GHz.
The Moto E6i uses a 6.1-inch HD+ waterdrop screen with a front 5MP selfie camera. There is a fingerprint recognition module and dual cameras on the back. The dual rear cameras consist of a 13MP sensor as well as a 2MP sensor. In terms of memory, this device comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. However, it supports a microSD card slot for storage expansion. You don’t have to worry about the 2GB of RAM because this smartphone is an Android Go (Android 10) device. This means that 2GB of RAM is just enough.
Under the hood, Moto E6i comes with a 3000 mAh battery that supports up to 10W charging. The charging is via a microUSB interface. The phone also uses a 3.5mm headphone jack and is available in two colors: titanium gray and pink.
Technically, the Moto E6i is basically a revamped version of Moto E6s (2020). It uses a different chipset and operating system. In terms of pricing, this device comes with a 1,099 Brazilian reals ($204) price tag. It is available in Brazil through Motorola’s local website.
Moto E6i specifications
- 6.1-inch HD+ Max Vision display
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Unisoc SC9863A processor with IMG8322 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 155.6x 73x 8.5mm; Weight: 160 g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- 3000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Unfortunately, there is no information on its availability in other markets for now. We do not expect Motorola to widely release such a basic device. Nevertheless, if it hit any other market, we will let you know.