The first region where the Galaxy F62 appeared was India. The smartphone is available for $331 for the version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal flash storage, as well as $359 for the version with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of flash storage. The phone is available in green, gray and blue body options.
The main feature of the Galaxy F62 is the 7000mAh battery. In addition, it supports 25W fast charging.
The smartphone is equipped with a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED + screen with a Full HD + resolution (2400 x 1080 pixels), a 32-megapixel front camera, a quadruple main camera (64, 12, 5 and 5 megapixels) and a side fingerprint scanner.
The SoC platform is the Exynos 9825, which is used in the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+. You can use two SIM cards at the same time with a microSD card. 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS and GLONASS, NFC, FM radio, USB Type-C port, 3.5 mm audio jack are supported. Dimensions are 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5 mm, weight – 218 g. The smartphone has a fresh Android 11 operating system with One UI 3.1 shell.
Samsung Galaxy F62 specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED Plus 20:9 display with up to 420 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9825 7nm processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.9 GHz) with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 76.3×163.9×9.5mm: Weight: 218g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 7000mAh battery with 25W fast charging
IDC: The smartphone market has returned to growth
Experts of the analytical company IDC summed up the results of the fourth quarter of 2020 and the whole year in general on the smartphone market. As stated in the corresponding report, the smartphone market returned to growth. Sales in the fourth quarter of 2020 were 385.9 million units, which is 4.3% more than smartphones sold in the fourth quarter of 2019. At the same time, for the entire 2020, smartphones were sold 5.9% less than in 2019.
At the end of the fourth quarter of 2020, Apple was named the market leader. It was able to increase sales in annual terms, that is, compared to the same quarter of the previous year, by 22.2% – from 73.8 to 90.1 million devices. This led to an increase in Apple’s share from 19.9% to 23.4%. The second place is occupied by Samsung, which in annual terms increased sales by 6.2%, as a result of which its share increased from 18.8% to 19.1%. The third-place belongs to Xiaomi. Its share increased from 8.9% to 11.2%. The top five also include Oppo and Huawei. Also, The share of Oppo increased from 8.3% to 8.8%. The share of Huawei decreased from 15.2% to 8.4%.
As for 2020 as a whole, Samsung remained the leader with 20.6% of the market. Apple is in second place with 15.9%. The share of Huawei, which is in third place at the end of 2020, is 14.6%. The fourth-place belongs to Xiaomi, whose share is 11.4%, the fifth – to Vivo, whose share is 8.6%. In 2019, Samsung’s share was 21.6%, Apple’s 13.9%. Huawei – 17.5%, Xiaomi – 9.2%, Vivo – 8.0%.