Recently, Samsung Display officially announced the launch of a new OLED display. This display is a high-definition gaming display that has no equal in the industry. According to Samsung, this is the “best” gaming display in the market. Although the South Korean manufacturer only recently released the details of this device, the Asus ROG 5 gaming smartphone uses this display.
Asus released this phone a week ago and it uses a 6.78-inch OLED display from Samsung Display. This screen supports a refresh rate above 120Hz and is optimized for game content with fast screen switching. Because of its seamless and natural image quality, it has obtained SGS’s Seamless Display certification.
In 2019, Samsung Display’s OLED products entered the notebook market, providing 15.6-inch UHD OLED panels for Razer Blade 15 and other multinational PC manufacturers’ gaming laptops. In 2020, Samsung Display’s 13.3-inch FHD OLED panel is mounted on the Razer Blade Stealth 13.
Gizchina News of the week
SGS conducted a “smear length” test on this screen, and the results show that when a high-speed drive video is running on this screen, the dynamic image response time is less than 11 milliseconds. Samsung Display claims that for players who like to play games for long, it gives them protection. It reduces the emission of blue light to less than 6.5%. This display also comes with SGS’s Eye Care certification.
ASUS ROG Phone 5 specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, , Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 16GB (ROG Phone 5 Pro) / 18GB (ROG Phone 5
Ultimate) LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture. 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture. 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging. Also supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter