Xiaomi released the Redmi K40 series a few weeks ago, specifically February 25th. This series has three models including Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro, and Redmi K40 Pro+. Of these models, the Redmi K40 and K40 Pro hit the market on March 4th. After 23 days in the market, this series has a huge sales report. According to Redmi, the Redmi K40 series sold 1 million units in just 23 days in China. This shows the popularity of the Redmi 40 series in China.
Redmi 40 series uses top materials
All Redmi K40 series adopt Samsung E4 luminous material AMOLED screen. This display supports a 120Hz high refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. At the same time, all series support Dolby Atmos dual speakers, X-axis linear motor, NFC, Infrared, and other functions. In the camera department, the K40 uses a 48MP IMX582 main camera, an 8MP super wide-angle, and a 5MP telephoto macro camera. For the Redmi K40 Pro, it comes with a 64MP IMX686 main camera.
In other respects, Redmi K40 comes with the Snapdragon 870 processor SoC. This device also uses a built-in 4520mAh battery that supports a 33W fast charge. The Redmi K40 Pro comes with a Snapdragon 888 processor. This device uses an LPDDR5 RAM and a built-in 4520 mAh battery.
The Redmi K40 Pro+ uses Samsung HM2, which has up to 108MP, a 1/1.52 inch outsole sensor. It also supports a 9in1 pixel fusion, dual native ISO, super night scene 2.0, supports night scene video recording and Macro time-lapse photography. Redmi K40 Pro+ also uses a 5MP telephoto macro lens and an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth mentioning that the Redmi K40 Pro+ is now officially on sale with a 3699 yuan ($566) (12GB+256GB). Its been a while so you may have forgotten the full details of this series. See the complete spec sheet below
Redmi K40 / K40 Pro / K40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K40 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- K40 Pro & Pro+ – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- K40 – 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Redmi K40 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro+ – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging