The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra smartphones are the first smartphones from the company with IP68 dust and moisture protection. Xiaomi has posted a video in which a diver unboxes the flagship Mi 11 Ultra underwater, demonstrating the full functionality of the device.
It is worth noting that the cellular operator T-Mobile previously filmed similar videos with various waterproof devices. Recall that the IP68 standard, according to which the Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra are protected, implies the possibility of immersing the device to a depth of one and a half meters for up to half an hour. In the video, the smartphone is used for underwater photography, but it should be noted that in real life it can be difficult due to the unpredictable operation of the capacitive touch screen in water.
Recall that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra is based on the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. The device is equipped with a 6.81-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440p and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. The smartphone boasts an impressive main camera with a main 50MP 1 / 1.12-inch Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor. Here are the full specifications of the smartphone.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED rear touch always-on display with 450 nits (peak) brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 256GB / 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/2.2 aperture; 48MP telephoto camera with with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, f/4.1 aperture, 5x optical, 10x hybrid; up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, up to 1920fps slow motion
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.38mm; Weight: 234g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x; MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery; with 67W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging