Xiaomi launched a live broadcast on the “Lei Jun” WeChat video account, displaying the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD folding challenge. This challenge is a week-long ultra-durable folding challenge. It is vigorous because the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold will have to fold once every 1.6 seconds, 24 hours, 7 days in a row. This means that within the week (7 days), it will have to achieve over 600,000 folds.
However, according to reports, the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold has so far violently folded 400,000 times. This is equivalent to five days of folding once every 1.6 seconds. However, nobody folds their smartphones once every 1.6 seconds right. If we assume that you open and close your phone 100 times every day, it will take 10 years.
The whole test process was on uninterrupted live broadcast and it had no less than 2 million viewers. The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold is Xiaomi’s first foldable smartphone. This device comes with a sophisticated hinge design that gives it a premium appearance as well as durability.
Gizchina News of the week
According to Xiaomi, the Mix Fold will conveniently withstand 200,000 folds. This means that even if you open and close this device 100 times every day, it will last for five years. This smartphone is on the shelf for 9,999 yuan ($1534). For those who think this device is too expensive, see the spec sheet below and understand why it cant be cheaper
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0