Recently, Wccftech has compiled a list of devices that can be upgraded to iOS 15 and iPad OS 15. The source believes that Apple may abandon the update support for the iPhone 6S, the iPad Air 2 and older devices. In fact, we have heard about this back in November 2020.
Detailed list of devices that can be upgraded to iOS 15 / iPadOS 15:
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- 2020 iPhone SE 2
- iPod touch seventh-generation
- iPad Air 4
- 2-inch iPad 8
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st and 2nd generations), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generations)
- 5-inch iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 2-inch iPad (7th generation)
- 7-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
A similar list was leaked much earlier. But in this one, there are many additions. So it looks more complete.
However, it is worth mentioning that the list has not been confirmed by Apple. This leaves room for doubts.
iOS 15 Features
We have already provided a list of features that should appear with iOS 15. Among them, we can mention interactive widgets, overhauled settings menu, always-on mode, macOS-like features, better security, etc.
Sources also talk about the emergence of a flexible customization function by reorganizing buttons and panels by dragging and dropping. We have even heard that the Touch ID fingerprint scanner will return.
By convention, iOS15 will officially meet with you this fall.