Xiaomi has a couple of flagships in its digital series. However, among all its flagships in the digital series, the Xiaomi Mi 6 appears to be the most classic. The Mi 6 is Xiaomi’s last small-screen smartphone with a 5.15-inch display. As a classic product of Xiaomi’s digital series, Xiaomi Mi 6 has been attracting a large number of loyal users since its launch. According to reports from second-hand trading platforms like Xianyu, the second-hand price of Xiaomi Mi 6 is more valuable than Xiaomi Mi 8. Recall that while the Mi 6 was released in 2017, the Xiaomi Mi 8 was released a year later.
On the Xianyu platform, the second-hand price of Mi 6 exceeds 600 yuan ($93). However, the price of the Mi 8 is less than 600 yuan ($93). The release time difference between the two is more than one year. PS: Mi 6 was released in April 2017, while Mi 8 was released in May 2018.
Although the Mi 6 is over four years old, Lei Jun recently announced that it still has over 2 million active users. This has been sparking speculations that Xiaomi will release a Mi 6 look-alike.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition to the small 5.15-inch display with a resolution of 1920 × 1080, the Mi 6 also comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. At the time of its launch, this chip was the strongest. This smartphone also uses a 12MP camera as well as a 3350 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi 6 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Splash resistant
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 145.17x 70.49×7.45 mm; Weight: 168g / 182g (ceramic)
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3350mAh (typical) / 3250mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging
Xiaomi Mi 8 specifications
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage,
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typ) / 3300mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4+ fast charging