The K series is the flagship series of Redmi’s lineup. This series does not only use top hardware, it also has a high price to performance ratio. Considering the summer vacation and the need for new smartphones by students, Redmi has now activated a special summer discount. The company took to its official WeChat handle to announce the promotion. According to Redmi, this discount will start tomorrow. The Redmi K40 Pro which comes with the top Snapdragon 888 SoC will have a 300 yuan ($46) discount across all models. The 8GB + 128GB model will sell for 2699 yuan ($417) while the 8GB + 256GB will sell for 2999 yuan ($463). This is also one of the cheapest Snapdragon 888 flagships on the market.
The Redmi K40 Pro is a cost-effective flagship model and it complements the shortboard configuration of the previous model. First of all, in terms of the screen, Redmi K40 Pro comes with an E4 material AMOLED screen. According to reports, this is the most expensive straight screen in the market. It uses a 6.67-inch display and the peak brightness of the screen can reach 1300nits. The global brightness is 900nits, and the contrast ratio is up to 5 million:1. At the same time, it saves more power, and the battery life can be 1 hour longer. In addition to the ultra-high specifications for screen display, the Redmi K40 series can also provide an excellent gaming experience, supports a 120Hz ultra-high refresh rate and 360Hz ultra-high touch sampling rate. According to DisplayMate, the screen of this smartphone is “close to textbook-like perfection”.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, this smartphone comes with an LPDDR5 + UFS 3.1 flash memory in addition to the Snapdragon 888. The combination of the three forms the current strongest performance “iron triangle”. This smartphone comes with a 108MP main camera and also has a wide-angle and a macro lens. On the front, it comes with a 20MP camera. Under the hood, there is a built-in 4520 mAh capacity battery, supports 33W wired fast charging, and uses a side fingerprint unlocking solution.
Redmi K40 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging