On August 5th, Motorola will launch its new edge series. As the launch date for this device approaches, the company is now releasing posters for this device. As of now, the Motorola Edge S Pro is available on JD.com on appointment. According to the company, this device is the thinnest and lightest Motorola 5G smartphone. Not long ago, Motorola launched the new Edge 20 series globally. This series includes the Edge 20, Edge 20 Pro, and Edge 20 Lite. These smartphones are the global version of the Motorola Edge S Pro and other models.
Motorola Edge 20, Edge 20 Pro, and Edge 20 Lite
The Motorola Edge 20 Pro comes with a 6.7-inch center punch-hole OLED straight screen. This display supports a 144Hz high refresh rate and also supports the Snapdragon 870 SoC. This smartphone also comes with a built-in 4500mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. In the camera department, this device uses a 108MP HM2 main camera (f/1.9). It also uses a 16MP ultra-wide angle as well as an 8MP 5x periscope telephoto camera.
The Edge 20 also uses a 6.7-inch OLED punch-hole display that supports a 144Hz refresh. Under the hood, there is a Snapdragon 778G chip and a built-in 4000 mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. In the camera department, this device uses a 108MP main camera, a 16MP super-wide-angle as well as an 8MP 3x periscope telephoto camera.
The Edge 20 Lite comes with a 6.7-inch 90Hz OLED screen. It comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 720 chip and a built-in 5000 mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. This mid-range camera also supports a 108MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2MP depth of field lens.
The Motorola Edge S was officially released in January this year. This device was the first to come with the popular Snapdragon 870 SoC and it costs 1999 yuan ($309). According to Motorola, the Motorola Edge S sold over 10,000 units within 2 minutes of its first sale.
Motorola Edge S specifications
- 6.7-inch (2520× 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 21:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 560 nits brightness, HDR10, DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 16MP 121° ultra-wide angle lens with PDAF, 2.8cm macro, 2MP depth sensor, ToF sensor, audio zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera, 8MP 100° ultra-wide camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.38×73.97×9.63mm; Weight: 215g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 20W turbo charging