A few days ago, Xiaomi officially released its first under-screen camera flagship, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4. The first official pre-sale of this smartphone commenced a few hours after its launch. Interestingly, after a few minutes of pre-sales, this flagship smartphone completely sold out. Although the company did not divulge the number of units available for pre-order, this device seems to be very popular. As of yesterday, the number of reservations for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 is over 520,000, reaching a new record high. The starting price of this device is 4999 yuan ($771).
The 520,000 reservations also mean that Mi Fans has a very high enthusiasm for buying this flagship. This indicates that Mi MIX 4 will be another hot model for Xiaomi in the high-end market. The first outright official sale of this device will take place on August 16. This is Xiaomi’s most important flagship in the second half of this year.
This flagship smartphone also uses a ceramic body which reduces its weight and gives it a premium appearance. According to Xiaomi, the MIX 4 uses high-purity nano-zirconia composite material, which is 30% lighter than traditional ceramics. In the core configuration, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 has a screen size of 6.67 inches, a resolution of FHD+ (2400×1080), a refresh rate of 120Hz, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus flagship processor, a battery of 4500 mAh, and supports 120W wired / 50W wireless fast charging. You can see the rest of its specs in the specs sheet below.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging