Some weeks ago, a number of smartphones with under-display technology officially hit the road. We had the official launch of smartphones like the ZTE Axon 30 under-screen version, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3, and so on. This month, ZTE’s Axon 30 under-screen version was unveiled outside China. A recent review of this device by XDA-Developers rates the display highly.
XDA pointed out that the screen experience of the ZTE Axon 30 under-screen version is good. Relative to the previous generation, ZTE A20 5G, the front camera of the ZTE Axon 30 under-screen version is cleverly hidden. This completely solves the “screen window effect” problem that is common in under-screen cameras. However, the image quality is still on the low side. XDA said
“The ZTE Axon 30’s front-facing camera is quite blurry and has a “bloom” effect like on the Axon 20. If I’m honest, it feels like the same camera as on the Axon 20. The quality seems more or less the same, and the biggest improvement is how the camera is hidden in general usage. Even when compared to the Xiaomi Mix 4, the difference is just night and day”.
ZTE Axon 30 under-screen version system is just like Android 12
The review shows that there is a good improvement of the UI as well as the system. Although the bottom layer of the ZTE Axon 30 under-screen version is Android 11, XDA found that its entire design language looks almost exactly the same as Android 12. Of course, this is very good to use.
The ZTE Axon 30 under-screen camera version comes with an FHD+ resolution screen. This display supports a refresh rate of 120Hz and it uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 flagship processor. In the camera department, this device uses a 64MP AI main camera in a quad rear camera setup. See the rest of its specs in the specification sheet below
ZTE AXON 30 specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 10-bit display, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 5MP 3cm macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP under-screen front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.2×77.8×7.8mm; Weight: 189g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n28/n41/n78 for China), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) battery with 55W fast charging