Today, Meizu held a flagship product launch event where it released three smartphones. The company unveiled the Meizu 18s and Meizu 18s with the Snapdragon 888+ SoC. In addition, the company also unveiled the Meizu 18X. All these smartphones come with the Meizu Flyme 9.2 system on top of Android 11. Unlike the Meizu 18s and 18s Pro, the Meizu 18X comes with the popular pseudo flagship processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC.
Meizu 18X – a budget flagship smartphone
This new Meizu device (Meizu 18X) comes with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen. This display supports a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate as well as a 360Hz touch sampling rate. Supporting the Snapdragon 870 SoC is up to 12GB of RAM. However, the RAM capacity can get up to 19GB using the virtual RAM feature which adds a maximum of 7GB.
In the camera department, the Meizu 18X comes with a 13MP front camera in a punch-hole design. On the rear, it comes with a triple camera setup. Specifically, this mid-range smartphone has a 64MP main camera supported with an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP depth sensor for portraits. This device also uses 2.5D glass on the front and rear which gives it a rounded edge design.
To keep its lights on, Meizu uses a 4,300mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. According to the company, this charging capacity gives up to 70% in 30 minutes. The Meizu 18X will be available in three colour options including white, black and blue colours. The prices of the different models are shown below
- 8GB + 128GB – 2599 yuan ($401)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2799 yuan ($432)
- 12GB + 256GB – 2999 yuan ($463)
This device is currently available on pre-sale and will commence official sales from September 26th. As of now, this device is only available in China. There is no information on its global availability.
Meizu 18X specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 20:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 700nit (peak) / 500nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Up to 3.0GHzOcta Core Snapdragon 888+ 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 9.2 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with Samsung GW3 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, 6P lens, LED flash, 8MP Hi846 sensor with ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2/.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Single 1216 linear speaker
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 76.35 x 7.99mm; Weight: 189g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, QC4+, PD30W charging