Google will release Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro this year and both smartphones will come with the latest Android 12 system. According to previous reports, the Google Pixel 6 will come with a 50MP Samsung GN1 main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera. In addition to the above two, the Google Pixel 6 Pro will also use a 48MP 4x optical zoom periscope lens. Furthermore, this series will come with a 12MP front camera. Now, the latest report reveals the camera parameters and new features of the Google Camera App on this phone.
Google Pixel 6 series camera app features
Ultra-wide-angle front camera:
- The front camera of the Pixel 6 Pro phone will have two zoom levels, 0.7X and 1.0X.
- The main camera of the mobile phone supports 4K 60fps recording, but the ultra-wide-angle and telephoto cameras support up to 4K 30fps recording.
- When recording at 4K 60fps, the maximum digital zoom factor is 7X. If you record at a lower specification, the maximum zoom can reach 20X.
- When shooting still photos, the maximum zoom is also 20x.
Manual white balance
- Google had plans to develop this feature in the past. However, XDA is not so sure whether the company will launch this feature considering that it is contrary to the concise design concept of the Google Camera App.
- This new camera feature is code-named “swiss”. It allows users to easily delete specific people and objects in the background from the picture. This feature is expected to use the artificial intelligence acceleration core of the Tensor processor to perform operations.
- The principle of this function is to use an ultra-wide-angle lens to take additional photos at the same time when the main camera is turned on HDR to take photos. This can avoid blurring caused by human facial shaking during HDR multi-photo shooting. It is expected that this function will also use the AI core operations of the Tensor processor.
- This function is code-named “sapphire” and is expected to be similar to the AF/AE lock function. The specific purpose is not yet clear.
Bluetooth microphone support
- The details of this feature are not yet certain. However, it is most-likey that it will permit voice recording through the microphone of the Bluetooth headset.
- This feature seems to relate to dynamic photos, and it will probably use the Tensor processor to accelerate calculations.
- When this feature is active, the camera can automatically capture the baby’s expressions and movements to capture cute moments.
Google Tensor processor will use a 2+2+4 core architecture, with up to 12GB of RAM. There have been rumors that the phone will be released on October 28.