Since the beginning of this year, the performance of the Xiaomi MIUI 12 system has not been outstanding. The system has a lot of bugs that have been affecting users. In fact, the company had to release the MIUI 12.5 enhanced version. Due to the multiple bugs, Xiaomi had to set up a special MIUI Pioneer team to fix and answer the weekly feedback questions. On September 30th, MIUI officially announced this week’s progress report and major event records. The MIUI Pioneer Team gave answers to questions raised by users this week. This includes questions on the compatibility of the Xiaomi Mi 9 with the memory fusion technology.
MIUI fans asked if the memory fusion technology will arrive at the Xiaomi Mi 9. The Pioneer Team replied that there are plans in place presently. However, they asked users to verify in subsequent updates. This implies that this feature will arrive in the Xiaomi Mi 9 in due time, however, the company may not announce it when it does. According to previous reports, this technology will add as much as 3GB to the RAM capacity.
The memory fusion technology is a new feature that allows smartphones to increase their RAM capacity. As of now, many Android smartphones use this technology. This technology works by using some of the smartphone’s internal storage and converting it to RAM capacity.
Unfortunately, the executive of the MIUI Pioneer Team did not say when this feature will arrive the Xiaomi Mi 9. Nevertheless, we will keep a tab on the future updates of this smartphone and let you know when the memory fusion technology arrives.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.5×74.67×7.61mm; Weight: 173g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with 27W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging