Xiaomi recently released a new update for its first foldable smartphone, Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. This update comes with the designation MIUI FOLD V188.8.131.52 stable version. This update comes with a couple of optimizations and improvements and weighs 1.4GB. Just like the MIUI 12.5 enhanced version, this update is the MIUI Fold enhanced version. Generally, this update brings a smoother performance as well as lowers the power consumption. Furthermore, the intelligent computing power scheduling mechanism based on the scene improves the fluency of all models. Also, the sensitive and efficient file storage mechanism improves the anti-aging ability of the system.
General Optimizations and fixes
- Add more system applications to support free windows as well as split screens. This makes multitasking more efficient.
- Optimize the UI layout of the system application to adapt to the internal and external screens. The large-screen display also becomes more efficient.
- Fix the continuity of switching between the internal and external screens of the system application. Furthermore, the application will not restart after opening and closing the phone
- Fixes the display problem in large fonts
- Fix the problem of third-party application adaptation
- Optimizes the sound reminder pop-up style on the main screen
- Optimize the position of classic navigation keys to avoid accidental touches
- Optimize the display effect of the folded AOD setting page on the internal and external screens
- Fixes issues such as crashing, unresponsiveness, hanging operation, as well as the abnormal display of the smart assistant
- Fix the problem of smart assistants adapting between internal and external screens
In addition, this version also adds MIUI+, which enables cross-screen collaboration with computers, information relay, and file transfer.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD was released on March 30, 2021. It is Xiaomi’s first foldable smartphone and it comes with the Snapdragon 888 SoC. This device also comes with a built-in 5020 mAh battery and supports 67W fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0