The Realme GT Neo2 was released quite recently by Realme as a replacement for the first-generation launched in March this year. The device brings nice upgrades in terms of specifications and design. For instance, the device ships with a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC, has a larger battery with 5000 mAh capacity with 65 W fast-charging. According to the latest report, the device is also quite easy to repair if you break your screen or needs a new battery.
The Realme GT Neo2 was the latest smartphone to get a teardown treatment on PBKreviews. The device earned a fairly decent 8/10 reparability score with fairly easy access to the screen and pull tabs for the Battery. I have to say those are often the two components that will need repair. For example, the screen is the easiest-to-damage part of your phone. So having easy access to it may be very good if you need to perform a DIY repair. The battery comes second because you’ll probably need to replace the battery after a few years. So it’s great to simply remove the old one and insert a new one without much trouble.
The teardown begins by applying heat to the phone’s back to loosen up the adhesive. With the back pried off, we see a plastic cover in place with 17 screws and which also requires a pry tool to detach. The mainboard houses the cameras, chipset, memory, and storage chips. It has a layer of thermal paste and a copper tape enclosure. The Realme GT Neo2 uses a dual-battery system that holds a total capacity of 5,000 mAh. Going further, we can find the speakers and the USB C port.
Gizchina News of the week
No one wants to break down smartphones, especially a device as new as the Realme GT Neo 2. However, if the worse happens, it’s good to have a good repairability score. Of course, this isn’t for the most untrained hands. To evaluate all the possibilities before proceeding with a “Do it Yourself” repair.
Realme GT Neo2 specs recap
- 6.62-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz E4 AMOLED display, HDR10+, up to 1300 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, DC dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass5 Protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.9×75.8×8.6mm; Weight: 199.8g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/GLONASS/Navic/QZSS/Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4930mAh (minimum) battery with 65W ultra-fast flash charging