Samsung seems to have been developing One UI 4.0 on top of Android 12 for its old flagships. According to recent reports, 2019 flagships like the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 could get this system. The above mobile phones have appeared on Geekbench with the Android 12 system. There are speculations that Samsung is currently testing this system and the first public version will be available in a few months.
The appearance of the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and Galaxy Note 10 5G with Android 12 on Geekbench is not full proof that Samsung is working on this update for these smartphones. Although there is a certain possibility of fraud, these Galaxy flagships look like they are running Android 12. However, the benchmark scores are within the normal range. The same goes for the hardware specifications of these smartphones on Geekbench.
As for when the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series will get One UI 4.0, Samsung’s roadmap has confirmed that the company’s goal is to provide it in at least some markets in January next year. In other markets, the update may be late. According to Oculus, the Samsung Galaxy S10 series may get Android 12 as early as December.
How many features of One UI 4.0 will support the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series is also worth paying attention to. This is even more important because the Android 12 will be the last Android major version update for the above models.
Samsung Galaxy S10 specifications
- 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 550ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) – Upgradable to Android 12
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS. 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture. 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV (S10+ only)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor. Also has Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 149.9×70.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3,400mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare