A few hours ago, the global version of Huawei Mate 40 Pro started receiving the EMUI 220.127.116.11 internal beta update. The EMUI 12 system brings a concise and exquisite interface appearance. As usual, Huawei recommends that users of this smartphone upgrades to the latest version. In addition to the concise and exquisite interface, the EMUI 12 system also brings a convenient and unified multi-device control center, as well as a smart collaborative experience for more devices.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro global version EMUI 18.104.22.168 update log
- Support stepless font-weight change. This also means that you can adjust the font size and thickness through the slider to satisfy your reading habits. This offers you a comfortable viewing experience.
- Use simple colours to match the light and shadow changes to create a lifelike and innovative interface.
- Long press the desktop to store the application folder. You can also display this folder as a large folder. Also, users can directly access the application in the large folder by clicking the application icon. This one-step access of applications in large folders makes it more convenient to use.
Notification Center and Control Center
- Swipe in from the top left of the screen to enter the notification center to view notification messages.
- Swipe from the top right of the screen to enter the control center for easy access to shortcut switches.
- Adds an audio broadcast control center is now available in the system control center. This can also cast audio across devices and switch playback applications easily.
- Adds the collaborative authentication function with Huawei laptop. When the phone and laptop are in collaboration, the phone can be unlocked by entering the phone lock screen password on the laptop. This is safe and convenient.
Cross-device file management
- Support cross-device access to files without a data cable.
- Huawei’s sharing transmission speed has been further improved. It also supports fast and safe sharing of files between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
The global version of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro is already getting this update. However, the models with this update so far show that the EMUI 12 system is still on top of Android 10. As for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro in China, these devices are currently getting the November HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update. This update optimizes the compatibility with some third-party applications such as Huawei printers.
Unfortunately, there is no information as to when HarmonyOS will roll out for Huawei smartphones globally. For now, all HarmonyOS rollout is in China.